Every Employer Must Know These Employee Monitoring StatsThere are always two types of employees in an organization. The ones who are a little serious types, always focused on the tasks, 100% productive and always finish assigned tasks much before deadlines. And then the other type, who are least focused on the assigned tasks and spend most of their time online abusing their Internet privileges throughout the work day. For an employer it is very important to keep all of their employees on track. And to do so, if you have to block their internet access, then you must do it without a second thought.
If you still are in doubt whether to Monitor employee internet and implement internet filtering or just warm them once and see if the improve. Well, we assure you, that they may improve for sometime and chances are that they'll soon return to their previous comfort zones. Here are some mind blowing stats about employee internet usage and productivity. Each employer must read this to understand why they must monitor employee internet use.
- 92% of online stock trading is done from the workplace during work hours.
- 30% of employees watch sports online while at work.
- 24% of employees do online shopping while at work.
- Employees use company Internet access to visit sites more frequently at work than they do at home because of the high-speed Internet access at work.
- 30 to 40% of Internet use in the workplace is not related to business.- IDC Research
- 70% of all Internet porn traffic occurs during the nine-to-five work day.- SexTracker
- 37% of employees say they surf Internet constantly at work.- Vault.com